Women in Health Care: Take Time to Build a Financial Strategy
As a woman, you’re probably juggling a lot of roles, from health care professional to caregiver. You may be too busy to stop and think about putting a financial strategy in place.
The CDC says women live longer than men. And as a caregiver, you’ll likely to be out of the workforce for periods of time. Your unique life experiences can lead to a reduction of earnings, retirement savings and Social Security.
To make up for those potential shortfalls, consider partnering with a wealth advisor who can work with you on a financial strategy designed to give you and your family peace of mind today and for years to come.
The following are a few areas we can help with as part of creating a personalized strategy for you.
Cash Flow Management
- Cash-flow tracking and net worth analysis with the ability to access and store financial plans and important documents electronically.
- Ability to run real-time scenarios so you can see the long-term impact your goals will have on your savings.
- Recommendations on an investment mix to align with your goals and risk tolerance.
- In-house investment team and relationships with outside investment firms so we can offer you a range of investment choices.
- Advice on solutions designed to protect you, your loved ones and your property.
- Recommendations and review of medical malpractice insurance to help ensure you have adequate coverage.
- Creation of a comprehensive estate plan to help protect you and your family.
- Assistance establishing a family foundation, donor-advised fund or tax-advantaged gifting strategy.
Tax Planning & Preparation
- Creation of a tax strategy to help maximize your retirement accounts and charitable giving.
- Recommendations on strategies to minimize your tax burden if you own your practice.
Advice on 529 Plans
- Guidance on setting up a tax-advantaged 529 plan for your children.
- Strategies, including front-loading 529 plan contributions, to help gain tax advantages.
- Advice on contributions and investments for employer 403(b), 401(k) plans or a SIMPLE plan or IRAs for health care professionals who own a practice.
Equity & Partnership Issues
- Guidance on finding tax efficiencies and a review of how your equity stake impacts your overall financial plan.
- Assistance with calculating the value of your ownership stake, selling a practice and creating a succession plan.
Designing a Personalized Strategy for You
Our advisors collaborate with in-house teams so we can create a personalized life strategy designed to fit your needs as a health care professional and provide protection for you and your family so you can enjoy the quality of life you envision.
- Coordinate and implement estate plan
- Estate plan flow of funds
- Estate liquidity planning
- Asset titling
- Gifting strategies
- Charitable foundation creation
- Multi-generational education
- Develop family mission and purpose statement with the family
- Interfamily loan review and maintenance
- Succession planning evaluation
- Personal net worth statements
- Debt consolidation and restructuring
- Charitable gifting strategies
- Educational planning
Insurance Planning & Risk Management
- P&C insurance needs analysis for hard assets, jewelry and real estate
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care
- Property & umbrella insurance
- Consolidated investment reporting and tax efficiency
- Risk management
- Manager search
- Asset allocation
- Integrate investment plan with life goals
Income Tax Planning
- State tax credit purchases
- Tax return preparation
- Strategic tax planning
- Tax-efficient liability management
- Cash-flow analysis and philanthropy
Mariner Wealth Advisors (“MWA”) does not provide all services listed in this piece. Some services are provided by affiliates and are subject to additional fees. Certain MWA representatives are licensed insurance agents and are compensated for the sale of insurance- related products through an affiliated insurance agency.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, changes, and expenses associated with 529 plans before investing. More information about specific 529 plans is available in each issuer’s official statement, which should be read carefully before investing.
The information contained herein is not intended to be personal legal, investment or tax advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any security or engage in a particular investment strategy. Nothing herein should be relied upon as such. Consult a financial, tax or legal professional for specific information related to your own situation.
Mariner Wealth Advisors (“MWA”), is an SEC registered investment adviser with its principal place of business in the State of Kansas. Registration of an investment adviser does not imply a certain level of skill or training.MWA is in compliance with the current notice filing requirements imposed upon registered investment advisers by those states in which MWA maintains clients. MWA may only transact business in those states in which it is notice filed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from notice filing requirements. Any subsequent, direct communication by MWA with a prospective client shall be conducted by a representative that is either registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state where the prospective client resides. For additional information about MWA, including fees and services, please contact MWA or refer to the Investment Adviser Public Disclosure website. Please read the disclosure statement carefully before you invest or send money.